Tech Lead - Big Commerce/Shopify
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- AU$150000.00 - 151000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to contribute development hours whilst leading your team and inspiring them to reach their goals. You will set standards and build processes, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction as well as business unit productivity and profitability.
To be successful in this role, you will be a leader who is passionate about web technologies, has an interest in eCommerce and is excited to grow an integrated offshore team and put your knowledge to great use by contributing to the success of of clients business.
- Develop and maintain a resource and capability plan for the Managed Services team,
- Contribute to strategic planning and budgeting activities
- Conduct quarterly conversations and performance reviews, provide recommendations for promotion and remuneration adjustments and oversee disciplinary actions
- Responsible for contributing to collaborative relations between departments/ teams
- Identify skills development and training required for Developers/ Testers to ensure sustainable growth
- Provide timely and accurate management reporting
Managed Services (50%)
- Develop and maintain a collaborative culture of customer centricity within your team.
- Build strong and positive relationships with Tier 1 clients as a trusted advisor on e-commerce technology topics
- Understand the core technical requirements of clients and how to best advise Sales, Managed Services and other stakeholders in meeting those requirements.
- Communicate platform updates, new features and roadmap items to Account Managers, to drive new technology adoption and innovation
- Review and contribute to sales proposals, solutions, business requirements documents, and due diligence work from a technical point of views
- Provide oversight of the team, ensuring tasks and projects are completed on time and on budget
- Efficiently manage resource allocation and utilization during weekly sprint planning
- Fulfil agreed number of developer hours
- Be the technical go-to expert for Shopify and BigCommerce technical capabilities as well as the broader ecosystem of eCommerce applications
- Ensure there is a solid understanding for yourself and your team of all preferred third party extensions and integrations
- Contribute to the development and refinement of code standards and productization
- Produce high quality, maintainable, tested code using established frameworks, and common design patterns
- Manage code reviews and provide assistance and support to other developers
- A minimum of 5 years commercial web developer experience or demonstrable experience in delivering large scale software projects
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Shopify OR BigCommerce SaaS platforms including building and launching stores, configuring third-party apps and migrating data
- Thorough understanding of software delivery lifecycle and Agile methodology
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
You will be expected to have at least four specialisations, one of which must be an Account Service Specialisation.
Account Service Specialisation:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Wide-ranging technical knowledge in eCommerce systems and processes with proven ability to provide clients with technical solutions that fulfil business goals and objectives
- Must be able to articulate deeply complex technical topics to customers, peers, and non-technical personnel in an influential and understandable manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with management on tasks and special projects, including project updates, etc
Training & Development Specialisation
- Analyse existing team and individual capabilities and identify training needs
- Constantly strive to increase the team's capabilities and support their career development
- Contribute to the development of internal training programs and modules
- Facilitate training and certification with key partners; Shopify and BigCommerce and other relevant applications
- Demonstrable experience providing React-based applications using Ant Design or other recognised React framework.
- Experience with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc)
- Experience with CSS pre and post-processors-specifically SASS
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools
- Experience developing responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile across common browsers.
- Understanding of SEO, including GA, GTM and Page Speed core vitals
- Demonstrable experience with Python, PHP or other high level languages such as Java, C#.
- Demonstrable experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong experience with RESTful APIs, open data formats (JSON/XML) and building microservices.
- Experience interacting with data from common eCommerce solutions, ERP, PIM's CRM's systems such as NetSuite, Commestri, Klaviyo, AP21
- Able to consume and write Open API specifications.
DevOps and Cloud Specialization:
- Understanding of core AWS services and uses (including EC2, VPC, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Cognito), alongside AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications on AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Experience in CI/CD and developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar with pull requests, merging, rebasing, branching & release management
Your company needs the best possible IT support or development help to stay abreast of changes and ahead of the competition.
Firesoft People can apply years of experience and expertise to connect qualified candidates with IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
The Need for Skilled IT Help
Businesses of all types need the kind of skilled IT staff that can administer current systems, troubleshoot problems, and keep the company as close to the bleeding edge as is possible.
Many companies have seen solid benefits using our service to fill entry-level IT jobs in Sydney. It saves time and opportunity costs for companies that might otherwise expend valuable personnel resources to fill jobs.
Even companies that have not relied on IT support staff in the past may need help in using new technologies, such as data collection and analysis, cybersecurity, or protecting payment information.
How We Provide It
We provide comprehensive services to connect employers and candidates. Our difference lies in our commitment to learning in-depth about both employee candidates and companies seeking to fill entry and part-time IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
Our proven process has created successful connections between hard-working IT professionals and companies grateful for their help.
Ask about our wide range of employment connection services for IT jobs in Sydney or other professional roles in the area. We provide a full service, facilitating the hiring process from end to end on both sides.
Come and see the Firesoft People difference. We get better results because we care.