- Surry Hills, New South Wales
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Data Scientist- Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia
- 6 month contract, high chance of extension
- Great Daily rate
- Some of Australia's Largest Data Sets
About the company:
One of Australia's leading retail organisations based in Surry Hills is looking for a Data Scientist. They will join a team that is recognised by Google and Facebook as one of the best Data Science teams in the country!
The purpose of this role is to support the Data Science team to develop, implement and optimise analytical and predictive models to deliver better product: customer targeting.
- Develop and maintain state of the art advanced statistical and machine learning models (GLM, Random Forests, GBM, xGBoost, etc) to drive marketing strategies and tactical executions.
- End-to-end data science execution including scoping, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of predictive models.
- Engage with business partners and delivery teams to ensure algorithms are delivered and implemented into production systems
- Develop, maintain and enhance variety of customer segmentation models to uncover customer insights.
- Interpret analysis and modelling results in a business context and provide commercially focussed recommendations to support business decisions.
- Experience in a marketing and digital environment
- Experience in developing class-leading algorithms to drive commercial outcomes.
- Proven commercial experience in statistical and machine learning modelling, with experience manipulating and 'making sense' of big data from disparate systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of analytical programming: SQL, SAS, R or Python.
- Exposure to Big Data platforms, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with SQL essential; exposure to AWS Redshift or Teradata preferred.
- Experience in working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
We have already launched a headhunt drive for this role - if you feel that this is the next step in your career, apply now!!
Part-Time and Entry-Level IT Jobs in Sydney
The digital world continues to transform the industrialised world’s economies and societies. Advances such as 5G internet and developments such as edge computing and progressive web apps keep driving the field forward.
Your company needs the best possible IT support or development help to stay abreast of changes and ahead of the competition.
Firesoft People can apply years of experience and expertise to connect qualified candidates with IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
The Need for Skilled IT Help
Businesses of all types need the kind of skilled IT staff that can administer current systems, troubleshoot problems, and keep the company as close to the bleeding edge as is possible.
Many companies have seen solid benefits using our service to fill entry-level IT jobs in Sydney. It saves time and opportunity costs for companies that might otherwise expend valuable personnel resources to fill jobs.
Even companies that have not relied on IT support staff in the past may need help in using new technologies, such as data collection and analysis, cybersecurity, or protecting payment information.
How We Provide It
We provide comprehensive services to connect employers and candidates. Our difference lies in our commitment to learning in-depth about both employee candidates and companies seeking to fill entry and part-time IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
Our proven process has created successful connections between hard-working IT professionals and companies grateful for their help.
Ask about our wide range of employment connection services for IT jobs in Sydney or other professional roles in the area. We provide a full service, facilitating the hiring process from end to end on both sides.
Come and see the Firesoft People difference. We get better results because we care.