- Surry Hills, New South Wales
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Big Data Engineer
- Surry Hills location
- 6-month contract, high chance of renewal
- Cutting edge technology
About the company:
One of Australia's leading retail organisations based in Surry Hills is looking for a Big Data Engineer to lay the platform for their huge BI transformation project.
About the Role:
Swift execution of Big Data Engineering, Machine Learning and DevOps best practice on Terabytes of data from the largest Australian retail is what this role is about. Working as part of data engineering team, hand in hand with data scientists, be prepared to build cutting edge pipelines and experiment with best data engineering and ML tech available on the market. The team has a culture of its own, which involves an innate desire to do things differently with high quality and push tech to its limits. No matter how experienced you are, be prepared to learn a lot!
It will be your job to:
- Assist the Data Scientists and lay the platform in the design, implementation and testing of customer data products such as personalisation engine, decision engine et.
- Ensure quality control and oversight of model outputs within the customer product
- Being the single point of contact for all stakeholders to ensure outcomes are delivered and that we deliver value
What you need to succeed:
- Strong software engineering background and passion for high quality design and code
- 2-5 years of commercial experience with Scala, Spark, SQL and Python
- Total automation mentality (CI/CD)
- Very good command of Linux
- Exceptional communication skills
- Created production pipelines for ML algorithms
Ideal candidate will also have:
- 2-5 years of end to end delivery of Terabytes size Data Engineering pipelines
- 1-3 years of DevOps experience (GCP/AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform)
We have already launched a headhunt drive for this role - if you feel that this is the next step in your career, apply now!!
Part-Time and Entry-Level IT Jobs in Sydney
The digital world continues to transform the industrialised world’s economies and societies. Advances such as 5G internet and developments such as edge computing and progressive web apps keep driving the field forward.
Your company needs the best possible IT support or development help to stay abreast of changes and ahead of the competition.
Firesoft People can apply years of experience and expertise to connect qualified candidates with IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
The Need for Skilled IT Help
Businesses of all types need the kind of skilled IT staff that can administer current systems, troubleshoot problems, and keep the company as close to the bleeding edge as is possible.
Many companies have seen solid benefits using our service to fill entry-level IT jobs in Sydney. It saves time and opportunity costs for companies that might otherwise expend valuable personnel resources to fill jobs.
Even companies that have not relied on IT support staff in the past may need help in using new technologies, such as data collection and analysis, cybersecurity, or protecting payment information.
How We Provide It
We provide comprehensive services to connect employers and candidates. Our difference lies in our commitment to learning in-depth about both employee candidates and companies seeking to fill entry and part-time IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
Our proven process has created successful connections between hard-working IT professionals and companies grateful for their help.
Ask about our wide range of employment connection services for IT jobs in Sydney or other professional roles in the area. We provide a full service, facilitating the hiring process from end to end on both sides.
Come and see the Firesoft People difference. We get better results because we care.