Platform Engineer - DevOps - North Sydney
- Sydney, New South Wales
- AU$150000.00 - 180000.00
- super + bonus
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- 150k - 170k + super + bonus
- Beautiful North Sydney location
- Multiple projects
This is a DevOps style role focused on the design, building and iterative enhancement of network and compute infrastructure services across a wide range of technologies.
Multiple projects, often self-initiated, projects established by objectives. Each project could easily run for 6 months or up to 18 months, providing the opportunity to work with various technologies and professionals, high variety of work.
- Provide design input into projects and initiatives
- Develop and support highly automated platform solutions for high-end cyber security systems.
- Linux system administration and networking
- Automate tasks with scripting
- Create numerous exciting and innovative solutions to the varied and complex challenges in the industry
- Assess platform requirements and provide recommendations on how to optimise use of available infrastructure
- Participate in customer facing sessions in the capacity of an SME
The successful person has:
- Excellent Linux skills
- Knowledge on how switches and routers work
- Extensive exp with Python, Bash, Ruby and C
- Strong understanding of network protocols and packet analysis
- Extensive exp with hardening and securing infrastructure.
- Experience deploying and supporting full stack applications including frontends, backends, datastores, etc
- Hypervisors and Docker
- Platform orchestration tools; Puppet / Anisble
- Pen testing exposure/understanding
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating system and network security
- Experience producing high and low level designs
We have already begun a national head hunt drive for this role, if you want to be considered for this role, apply now!