Senior AWS Devops Engineer
- AU$140000.00 - 150000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Who we are:
Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world's most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients' businesses so that they can work better, every day.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who has a background in devops, SRE and software engineering to join an established team. The team is responsible for managing and maintaining IT infrastructure and operations for several newly-acquired business verticals. You will take a leading role in uplifting our existing infrastructure and software systems in AWS. You will help to build out and embed modern devops practices such as infrastructure-as-code (IAC), deployment pipeline automation, observability with metrics, alerting, log aggregation.
What you will need
- Experienced working across software, security, networking and system support teams to help establish/uplift practices with a focus on automation and observability.
- Experience working with uplifting legacy systems to modern tools and practices.
- Expertise with AWS cloud infra and networking including EC2, ECS, ALB, VPC, Route53 etc)
- Strong skills in infrastructure-as-code development (e.g. Terraform) and specific experience with cloud IAC.
- Strong containerisation knowledge using Docker
- Experienced in both a Linux and Windows environment
- Experienced in CI/CD concepts and pipeline development (we use Buildkite)
- Strong scripting skills such as python and bash
- Experience with log aggregation and APM tools such as Datadog
- Familiarity with security and compliance needs in a financial service setting
If this sounds like you, please hit the "Apply Now" button for a confidential chat.
Your company needs the best possible IT support or development help to stay abreast of changes and ahead of the competition.
Firesoft People can apply years of experience and expertise to connect qualified candidates with IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
The Need for Skilled IT Help
Businesses of all types need the kind of skilled IT staff that can administer current systems, troubleshoot problems, and keep the company as close to the bleeding edge as is possible.
Many companies have seen solid benefits using our service to fill entry-level IT jobs in Sydney. It saves time and opportunity costs for companies that might otherwise expend valuable personnel resources to fill jobs.
Even companies that have not relied on IT support staff in the past may need help in using new technologies, such as data collection and analysis, cybersecurity, or protecting payment information.
How We Provide It
We provide comprehensive services to connect employers and candidates. Our difference lies in our commitment to learning in-depth about both employee candidates and companies seeking to fill entry and part-time IT jobs in Sydney and the surrounding area.
Our proven process has created successful connections between hard-working IT professionals and companies grateful for their help.
Ask about our wide range of employment connection services for IT jobs in Sydney or other professional roles in the area. We provide a full service, facilitating the hiring process from end to end on both sides.
Come and see the Firesoft People difference. We get better results because we care.